Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hasta La Vista, Baby

Approximately five minutes ago, I deactivated my Facebook account.

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, because my life was, frankly, much simpler before Facebook (and email and cell phones and children and adult responsibilities) came along. At this point, I mostly used it to advertise the blog and to keep in relative touch with friends. However, I realized tonight that I don't actually care if anybody reads my fucking blog, and I don't actually care if I keep in touch with any of my "friends"-- and this was AFTER I had deleted 400 of them. Cynical? Perhaps. But I've got more important shit going on.

Like celebrating the one-year anniversary of being friend dumped by the Carpenter (drinks on me on 3/11!), or sucking up the layers of goddamn dog hair left in my house from having Earl-the-hundred-pound-hound visit for a week. Or not being able to have lunch with a dear friend I haven't seen in two years because it would be too rough on another friend.

It's been one of those weeks.

3 comments:

PriestessRaven said...

It's ok, get your drink on! First round is on me

TheGrimHEEP said...

I feel you, Yo! I've been thinking about deleting mine too.

vanilla said...

I completely understand the simplicity of life without Facebook & technology. You'll be missed. Hubs would crack up at your statuses all the time. Love ya.