Monday, February 1, 2010

Sing it, Bob Dylan

This post is Number 171, which is good, because as many of you know, I only feel comfortable with odd numbers.

StarrTrippin' is going on hiatus, my friends. At the current time, I haven't figured out how to "suspend" my Facebook Account (I don't want to delete it because when/if I come back to it, I don't want to reload the photos, plus lots of the photos are tagged to my Mom and B's accounts), but within a day or two, I don't think I'll be around it much either. There's always email, if anyone needs me. I'm not THAT reclusive.

Part of what makes me comfortable in this world is having my own niche. Within the past two weeks, I've gotten emails from seven different people who have started blogs and want them to go viral. Everyone I know is blogging--recipes, parenting stories, work adventures. More power to everyone, and I wish them all the best of luck. But it's time to dig my way out and find another niche, be someone besides another purposeless writer. The world seems flush with us. Besides, I've found a new adventure to pursue, and it's going to keep me busy. Blog fodder, for sure, but that's not what I'm in it to accomplish.

I've loved this blog, wrapping it up feels a little like an old friend has passed. I won't delete it, and hell, being a Gemini, I may be back to it within a day or two--it wouldn't surprise anybody who knows me well. We shall see. I'm nothing if not a girl who feels entitled to change her mind.

In the meantime, I'll be taking care of some things. These times, they are a' changin'.

No comments: