Thursday, May 7, 2009

Russian Roulette Is Not the Same Without a Gun

A TERRIBLY INTERESTING LIST OF THE FABULOUS HIGH POINTS OF MY WEEK, SOME YET TO COME, BECAUSE I HAVE BLOGGER'S BLOCK (A NEW TERM THAT I HAVE COINED) AND CAN'T SEEM TO WRITE ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY KEEPABLE (YET ANOTHER TERM I HAVE COINED)

1. Jean and the Magic Coffee: On Wednesday, after Bible Study, Jean invited Heather, Tanya and I back to her house for MAGIC COFFEE. (Please note: As I recently explained to my Mom, "magic coffee" is not laced with any kind of drugs or alcohol. It's just REALLY GOOD COFFEE that Jean has imported from Italy--where she used to live-- and then makes with her super cool little Italian coffee pot and hand-frother. I call it "magic coffee" because it's easily the best coffee I've ever had and looks complicated to make, although Jean claims it is not. It's definitely not Dunkin' Donuts in my Gevalia stainless steel.) Perhaps someday I, too, will be awesome enough to create MAGIC COFFEE. Unfortunately, that day is yet to come.

2. Tornado Watches Thwart Soccer Practice: No practice Wednesday night as we are inundated by storms and crazy weather. Which means less soccer, more dinner at La Tolteca followed browsing the library and a REALLY good red wine that we just discovered.

3. Have I Told You Lately That I'm Awesome: My 3-mile treadmill excursion is now completed at a steady heart rate of 120. I'm not even out of breath when I finish AND since I've been stuck on the HG-TV treadmill, I also have learned how to re-tile my bathroom, should I ever choose to do so.

4. Eulogy for a Caterpillar: One of the cocoons Bellamy's kindergarten class is studying falls to its death mid-Language Arts. Mayhem ensues. Bellamy and I write a eulogy for the fallen cocoon in an attempt to ease the pain.

5. Shake Your Money Maker: I learn that I am the only one of my friends who knows how to mix a decent cocktail. I plan a girls' night to teach all the other girls how to become alcoholics like me.

6. TGIF: Bellamy has plans to go home with her friend Ally on Friday and stay until after dinner. Pops and GrandGrabs have plans to keep them overnight. Date night at the McPhails.

7. Date Night #2: My foresight and insomnia enabled me to register the kids for Parents' Night Out at the Y for Saturday. If you don't register the kids at 4am when registration opens, you're screwed. I, however, don't' sleep. SO, 6-9:30pm on Saturday, Date Night #2 (Oh, the insanity!)

8. Sunday is Mother's Day. While I have plans to make a key lime pie and potato salad and go to my in-laws, I secretly want to spend the day in my ginormous bathtub with a good book and a bottle of wine. We shall see what desires prevail.

Try not to envy my rockstarr life.

1 comment:

vanilla said...

I vote for the bath tub and bottle of wine on mother's day. That would be best.