Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Meandering Through A Wednesday

You know what I'd really like right now? A glass of good red wine. Something spicy with a hint of oak, full-bodied and rich. Maybe a good shiraz/cab mix. Yep. That sounds pretty damn good.
Instead, I'm drinking Vitamin Water (the new, 10 calorie version) and wishing I had had time to get to the Y last night or this morning before I leave for NYC. I am HIGH STRESS right now, and could use that oh-so-sweet endorphin rush I get from a solid session of cardio.

It's been a frustrating morning because packing these days in a fucking pain in the ass. I plan to carry my bag on, so I have to follow those ridiculous guidelines about no liquids over 3.4 ounces and putting things in quart-size bags....I'm getting pissed off again just thinking about it all. If I didn't have kids to worry about, I might just up and become a terrorist to spite the airlines. All 5'3", 115 lbs of me would make one bad ass terrorist, y'all. I can tell you that. I wouldn't even need weapons. I could take down an entire country with my Jedi Mind Control and mad Ninja skills.

It's just one of those days. I miss my Dad. My Mom keeps wanting to snuggle me (as many of you know, I am not a snuggly person--I like to think of it as "elusive snuggling") unless it is with one of the kids or a lover (aka, Blaker, unless you count the UPS man, FedEx man, and all those other hot guys I like to hook up with on a daily basis). The dog keeps trying to stare me down (which in Mimi-speak means "give me more food," but alas, poor Mims is overweight and thus must stick to her Mimi diet of one cup of food a day).

Maybe I should have that glass of wine after all.

No comments: