Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Marriage, Divorce, and Getting Knocked Up

Just as October 17th is my most Unlucky Day of the Year, October 25 is my Luckiest Day. Yes, folks, today is my Lucky Day.

Why, you ask? Read on.

First of all, today is my Wedding Anniversary. Three fantastic years of being married to Blaker. Happy Wedding Anniversary to Me (and Blaker).

But lots of people have wedding anniversaries, so why is mine my lucky day? Well, it is also my Divorce Anniversary. That's right. Without realizing it (at least, without realizing it consciously) Blaker and I set our wedding date for the same date as the anniversary of my divorce from my first husband. Which would have been a day of celebration anyway, but this just makes it even more so.

Interesting, huh? But wait, there's more.

October 25th is also the day that we conceived Bellamy. Yes, while celebrating my divorce, we managed to create a new life. Yet another reason to love October 25th. (My Mom says I must really know how to celebrate.)

So there you have it--the reasons why I love today. Now, excuse me, but I have to go celebrate. Thank God my tubes are tied. :)

No comments: