Tuesday, October 17, 2006

If I'm Gonna Die, It'll Be Today

Today is October 17th. October 17th is MY UNLUCKY DAY. My entire life, at least as far back as I can remember, October 17th has brought only unpleasantness (often long term) into my happy little world.

Examples:

10/17/88-- I was diagnosed with Diabetes
10/17/90--I got braces
10/17/94--I broke my wrist
10/17/98--car accident

You get the idea.

Around 1999, I started just not even bothering to get out of bed on the 17th. I figured it was just safer if I stayed as close to home as possible. But then once the kids came along, that plan went all to hell. Kids sort of make staying in bed all day an impossibility.

So what have I done today? Thus far, not much. Took Bellamy to preschool, splurged on a giant, extremely fattening bagel for breakfast, ran errands, took Jenn to the airport...oh, and I am currently having Sam Adams Oktoberfest for lunch, but who can really blame me. It could, after all, be my LAST DRINK. Because if I'm gonna kick the bucket, it'll be on Oct. 17th. Maybe not this year, but someday.

If you hear from me tomorrow, you'll know I'm gonna last another year. Hmmm...I think it's time for more beer.

No comments: